Figure 8 Demolition Derby
Tuesday, August 15, 8:30 P.M.
Sponsored by Clarke County Fair
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Each driver must complete an entry blank.
- All rules and regulations must be observed. Track operators or promoters reserve the right to approve or reject any and all entries.
- Only Drivers and Mechanics will be permitted in the pit area. ENTRY FEE IS $25.00 (NO REFUNDS), which covers entry for driver only. All pit passes $10.00. Entry fee must be paid in cash.
- No cars permitted on the track before the heat they are to participate in.
- Members of the AUTO DEMOLITION DERBY are not employees of the track operators or the promoter of the Auto Demolition Derby.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES allowed in the pit area, drivers who have been drinking will be disqualified. There may be a breathalizer test before every heat.
- TIRES MUST BE STOCK SIZE. Four-ply only, no inner liner, no truck tires, no snow or mud tires, no doughnuts.
- NO ANTIFREEZE ALLOWED/NO FREON.
- NO ONE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE will be permitted in the pit area. Absolutely no exceptions.
- DRIVERS DOOR MUST BE WELDED SHUT WITH A REINFORCEMENT BAR PLACED IN THE DOOR. No other welding permitted.
- ABSOLUTELY NO ELECTRIC FUEL PUMPS ALLOWED in the driver’s compartment.
- Entry forms are available at Berryville Auto Parts, Fisher Auto Parts -Berryville & Winchester locations. For further information call 240-299-8890.
- DRIVERS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE.
- ENTRIES ARE LIMITED, SO ENTER EARLY.
- ALL DRIVERS MUST SUPPLY THEIR OWN CARS. Entries limited to 2 cars per driver.
- ALL DRIVERS AND CARS must have their car inspected by a track official before entering the infield. Cars will start being inspected 3-4 hours before the derby. Cars must be at the track 2 hours before start of demo.
- ALL DRIVERS AND CARS must be entered and at the track two (2) hours before the scheduled starting time of the derby.
- ENTER EARLY! Drivers may enter all derbies.
- ANY DRIVER NOT OBEYING THE RULES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- Any gasoline, compact, 4-cylinder auto – foreign or domestic under 2500 pounds according to the N.A.D.A. book. No diesels or 4 wheel drives.
- All glass, chrome and plastic trim and anything that might become imbedded in the track, must be removed from the car before bringing the auto on the grounds. The auto must be cleaned out, including the trunk. Any broken glass in the doors must be cleaned out. Windshield is optional. Fiberglass nosepieces, wheel weights, headlight buckets, and trunk and hood latches, etc. must be removed from the car.
- A maximum of three (3) gallons of gasoline will be allowed. GAS TANKS may be moved to the trunk but will not be allowed in the driver’s compartment unless covered by a firewall. Only one (1) stock car battery will be allowed. The single battery may be relocated to the driver’s compartment but it must be secured and covered.
- Reinforcements of the drivers door is mandatory. Trailer hitches must be removed.
- Safety belts and helmets are required. All doors must be tied with rope or wire. If a driver’s door comes open that driver will be disqualified. Do not weld bumper shocks, suspension shocks or any other type of reinforcement. Do not weld doors or trunk lids. No welds will be accepted except driver’s door.
- The derby will be comprised of individual heats and feature with cash prize going to each heat winner and grand prize to feature winner. Feature will be comprised of winners and runners up of each heat when show is single derby event. Feature will be comprised of winners of each heat from each show when there are 2 or more derby events
- Additional safety regulations may be imposed depending on the track.
- A 12 by 15-inch hole must be cut in the center of the hood.
- Rules are subject to change to fit the event. Decision of the judges is final.
- All cars must be removed from grounds by owner by midnight of Derby Day. Any cars left on track after midnight become the property of the Clarke County Ruritan.