Friday, August 17, 1:00 PM
Ruth Boden ,Kiersten Cochran,Howie Hart, Billie Kelly, John Orndorff,Mallory Unger, Jessica Vincent, Advisor: Claudia LeFeve
Mission Statement: The purpose of the Livestock Skillathon is to provide a valuable educational experience for the youth of Clarke County. The content of this contest provides a framework for youth to learn a variety of topics related to the production and management of a variety of livestock to include beef, sheep, swine, and goats.
The contest could include the following:
- Written test with questions concerning total livestock industry
- Identification and use of pieces of livestock equipment
- Identification of breeds of beef cattle, goats, sheep, and hogs
- Identification of feeds
- Judging Class (es) of breeding/market animals
This contest is open to all youth currently enrolled in 4-H or FFA in Clarke County.
Willing participants must be registered by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday of fair week by contacting a member of the committee.
Participants will compete in their respective age divisions and prizes will be awarded for each division. The divisions will include:
- Novice (age 9)
- Junior (ages 10 and 11)
- Intermediate (ages 12 and 13)
- Senior (ages 14 to 19)