Friday, August 13, 1:00 PM
Billie Kelly, Jessica Vincent, John Orndorff, Missy Burner,
Ruth Boden, Claudia LeFefeve
The purpose of the Livestock Skillathon is to provide a valuable educational experience for the youth of Clarke County. The content of this contest provides a framework for youth to learn a variety of topics related to the production and management of a variety of livestock to include beef, sheep, swine, and goats.
The contest could include the following:
- Written test with questions concerning total livestock industry
- Identification and use of pieces of livestock equipment
- Identification of breeds of beef cattle, goats, sheep, and swine
- Identification of feeds
- Judging Class(es) of breeding/market animals
This contest is open to all youth currently enrolled in 4-H or FFA in Clarke County.
Participants will compete in their respective age divisions.
The divisions will include:
- Novice (age 9)
- Junior (ages 10 and 11)
- Intermediate (ages 12 and 13)
- Senior (ages 14 to 19)
- Adult (over 19)
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 participants in each youth division and for overall High Score.
2021 Award Sponsors:
Clarke County Virginia Leader’s Association
Clarke County High School FFA
Circle B Farm