Miss Clarke County Fair Contest
Sunday, August 14, Following Junior Miss Clarke County Fair Contest
Rules and Duties
- Each contestant must be a resident of Clarke County. At any time, proof of residence may be requested to verify status.
- Each contestant must be between 16-19 years of age by Fair date: August 14, 2022; never married, nor had any children. A contestant must be female who has always been female; of good moral character; one that has not at any time been convicted of any crime nor has any criminal charges pending against her; one that has never done any act or engaged in any activity which is or could be characterized as dishonest, immoral, indecent, or in bad taste. This includes information and photos on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and any web pages or any other social media and electronic means.
- Contestants will be judged in Business Attire, Personality Attire, and Evening Gown. Each Contestant will be judged on a platform topic/speech (this is timed, and must be 1 minute, and no less than 55 seconds) along with an interview and a 25-30 second speech about Clarke County and the Clarke County Fair on stage in personality attire. If you have questions about what is/is not appropriate to wear, or need help with your speeches, please do not hesitate to ask.
- The winner will announce herself in blue jeans and a plain white top at the start of the pageant. This will not be a part of the contestant’s score, but will be an opportunity to get comfortable on stage.
- The winner will be available the entire week of the 2022 Clarke County Fair to give out ribbons and awards and follow the fair schedule of events as needed as well as any events throughout the year that the director feels she needs to attend. (ie, Homecoming parade, Christmas Parade, Long Branch Easter, etc.)
- The winner will be present at the 2023 Miss Clarke County Fair Pageant and practices.
- Each contestant is required to submit a 8×10 black framed (stand-up) Black & White Photo to be used for the Photogenic Contest.
- All contestants MUST attend practices for the pageant. If you cannot be there, you must let us know and receive approval to miss practice. Dates will be announced in an email that will be sent out by the end of July.
- A black & white headshot photo must be emailed to Pat and Annie Gaston at firstname.lastname@example.org by the application due date. If email is not available, a CD with the photo is acceptable.
- During the pageant, there will be a People’s Choice contest. Viewers may vote for their favorite contestant ($1.00=1 vote). The contest will close after the first evening gown walk and winners will be announced when the Top 5 contestants are announced. The winner will receive half the total winnings collected during their pageant.
- The winner will receive a $1,000 continuing education scholarship at the end of her reign.
Deadline to Enter: July 31, 2022
Pat Gaston & Annie Gaston